View Single Post
Old 09-07-13, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klammern View Post
I guess my biggest question at this time, and nobody can give an answer yet it seems, is does this mean we are going back to:

- no stripe being Private, Trooper, Sapper, Craftsman...
- 1 chevron (the previous Private Trained badge) being used for Lance Corporal, Bombadier (equil to our current Corporal)
- 2 chevrons (the previous Corpoal badge) being Corporal (equil to Master Corporal now)
- 3 chevrons being Sergeant (same but minus the maple leaf)
- 3 chevrons with a Crown being Staff Sergeant (same as Warrent Officer now) or would we still use a Crown, which I believe had been used sporadically in the past for WO3
- coat of arms for Warrant Officer 2nd Class (vice MWO now) and
- some different coat of arms for WO1 or RSM (vice Chief Warrant Officer now)

If so I'd feel bad for all the Corporals newly promoted to Master Corporal and who now would have to revert to the two stripe rank badge (and title) of Corporal...regardless of it being one rank higher.

Only the rank names change and not the rank itself. A private (with or without a chevron) is still a Private but may now (officially) be called a Guardsman, Trooper, Gunner, etc... Although the names have remained in use at the Regimental level all official documents had to use "Private". Only the RCA are affected at the Cpl/ MCpl level and they use the terms Bombardier and Master Bombardier. The only NCO rank term that changes is that of a WO in Foot Guards who will officially use "Colour Sergeant". 2Lt and Lt in Foot Guards regiments are called Ensigns.