View Single Post
Old 29-01-15, 09:02 PM

The leather trim's join is done the same way as standard for each maker ie beret industries is over lapping and kangol wear is a straight end to end join
There is again the double row of stitching which retains the internal diamond shaped piece of material in place . Which has the makers details , date and government arrow and is done in the same standard way for each maker .

There is never a war department WD Date stamp on the Admiralty purchased items as its a different department .
The eyelets do not have the leather rectangle fixed to the rear of them which allows the way in which they fasten to be clearly seen the small securing washer with the eyelet folded over it and these are set at the 9 o'clock position.
Keep an eye out for fake leather rectangles which can be added as the value for a rn beret is about half or just over half the cost of a black war time examples.
Also a point to note here is that the Admiralty berets do not have the lose tacking stitching around the inside of the beret which can be clearly seen is missing from this post and the previous post.

The red tombstone is hand stitched in place normally by the Royal Marine whose beret it belongs to .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4889.jpg (76.9 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2997.jpg (52.6 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2952.jpg (81.8 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4890.jpg (93.0 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4898.jpg (65.6 KB, 66 views)

MINE
The answers are out there its a mater of doing the detective work to get them !

Last edited by ASR142; 30-01-15 at 09:02 AM.