View Single Post
Old 13-09-21, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh kitchen View Post
Agreed, it just seems that if a Volunteer unit's wearing a badge in white metal and then as TF adopts the same badge but blackened it would be simple and economical to paint the white metal badges black.
Very logical thinking and not saying it’s not impossible. But like I said I just feel if a BWM badge were the case it would likely have been mentioned as such and found its way into the literature since it would be A. pretty obvious and B. relatively unusual.

That there is no mention of it being a BWM badge, ever, that I’ve seen makes me think it’s not.

Re using up old stock I would suggest that depends entirely on what badge the antecedent 2nd V.B. East Yorkshire Regiment were wearing pre-1908. They also had a Cyclist Coy so what they wore is another consideration. Did they actually wear a WM ‘normal’ East Yorks badge or something different like a V.B. scrolled cap badge, glengarry or even collar etc. perhaps if wearing the FSC?

I’m no V.B. or East Yorks collector so maybe someone else can answer.

Apples and oranges admittedly, but I do know the 2nd V.B. East Lancashire Cyclist Coy wore a bespoke glengarry badge similar to the Middlesex Cyclists Vols.