View Single Post
Old 12-09-10, 03:56 AM

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the input.

Alan - can you confirm that your entry:

1967.04.01 Q Battery (The Buckinghamshire Rifles), The Buckinghamshire Regiment, RA (Territorials)

relates to 'THE BUCKINGHAMSHIRE REGIMENT" badge as shown as the first two silver images in this thread and not the black badge example?

If you can then this throws the black badge item even further down the unofficial commission list and I won't even both looking for it to complete a set of unofficial commissioned cancelled TAVRIII unit badges.

Alan, can you also give a reference for the linage supplied - I would like to check with a secondary source that I have been using.

To confirm my stance at the moment - What I'm saying here is that if anyone is thinking of purchasing "Buckinghamshire" anodised aluminium cap badges then the only one that I believe was officially authorised for issue AND manufactured was the St. Edwards Crown "ROYAL BUCKS HUSSARS" one as shown in the third and fourth images.

The St. Edwards Crown "ROYAL BUCKS HUSSARS" is a very rare badge and the one shown was picked up in Australia with a couple of other Yeomanry badges from the same era. All though exhibit correct manufacturing traits that I would expect to find from the makers and the maker markings reconcile with known pattern card markings for the era of unit exhitence.

I can't comment on any other non A/A items so I'm afraid that have to leave other metal types out of the running.

Regards

Chris