View Single Post
Old 14-03-10, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edstorey View Post
I supect the badge and FS cap are pre-1949, in which case I doubt that Newfoundland insignia and dress regulations would show up in Canadian orders or regulations as they were not part of Canada at that time. If the badge and FS cap are post-1949, then this is an interesting item as I believe that FS cap useage by the Canadian Army came to an end around 1945.
The Coloured Field Service Cap is still an authorized headdress in the CF and may be worn in any instance where an authorized headdress is not indicated. In other words, if a bearskin cap, Wollesley helmet, busby, feather bonnet, beret or Service Dress cap (forage cap) is the authorized headdress for wear with any given order of dress then that is the headdress that must be worn. However, in the absence of any direction the CFSC may be taken into wear. In effect this means that the CFSC is worn with Mess Dress by those regiments who wish to authorize it. Of course, the CFSC is authorized in Dress Instructions for Rifle Regiments for wear with several orders of dress. The CFSC can still be purchased in regimental Kit shops , including that of The RCR.