View Single Post
Old 11-05-21, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kelley View Post
Okay, well my thoughts would now be to make your decision and conclude this business as soon as possible and be very careful what you buy and where you buy from in the future to avoid this from happening again.
I agree with concluding this business a.s.a.p. In order to do so I am still hoping a few more badges get second opinions on them so I am returning those that are not good while keeping the ones that are good. As for buying items I usually follow the same set of rules which are: buy from a knowledgable and trusted source, have a money back guarantee and get second opinions from those who are knowledgeable when lacking the necessary in some cases minute knowledge of the objects at hand. Now what is different here as opposed to previous dealings are several things:

- I am operating outside my own field of expertise more so than is usual (I am not a cap badge expert);

- although the source of these items appeared trustworthy and knowledgeable based on the search I did on this Forum (due diligence) or at least there were no warning signs - seeing that I was sold a number of fakes as originals question marks can now be placed with the source being trustworthy and/or knowledgeable - this has come as an unfortunate surprise;

- however I still have my money back guarantee which the seller has reconfirmed he will honour - so although not a great experience all should be well that ends well;

- now the only thing open is how many of the badges I will return to the seller. This is influenced by the feedback I get in the threads I have posted which has been good - thank you again - nevertheless I am still looking for some second opinions on others. Now I have gathered from two forum members that this is for some a sore point as I seem to have overstepped an invisible mark i.e. I have posted too many badges for second opinions. Although I have given some reasons why I have bought many badges in one go (high shipping costs of both receiving and returning, customs issues and, which I forgot to include, high transfer costs: my bank charges me about 6 GBP for transfering money to the UK as it is now outside the EU) which, makes it financially hard to collect badges in small amounts as the costs surrounding the purchase of a single badge are far outweighed by the costs that are associated with getting a badge in hand - with my big badge batch approach and posting these all on the Forum I seemed to have ruffled some feathers. The latter was not my intention and, if in doing so I unwittingly did, I appologize.

Last edited by kaiserwilhelm2; 11-05-21 at 10:31 AM.