View Single Post
Old 29-03-21, 03:08 PM

Default eBay Global Shipping Program mandatory 'Opt-In'

This is just a heads-up to those members who sell on eBay that they might find they've been 'opted in' to the Global Shipping Program (GSP) without their knowledge.

I handle online sales for a local antiques/collectables shop and noticed whilst packing items which had sold over the weekend that several were listed for dispatch under the GSP. This was unusual, as for several reasons we don't touch it with a bargepole; on raising the issue with the guv'nor he found that our eBay shop had been opted in without his knowledge (as he has an even lower opinion of the GSP than I) and then had to opt out of it. Having little choice but to honour those sales already made the items have been shipped as required to the "Global Shipping Centre" so we wait with bated breath to hear if the buyer/s receive them in good order - i'll keep you posted if there are any repercussions.

I hope this is of help to someone, all the best

Graham
I am looking to purchase items from the British Administration Police & Prison Services in Cyrenaica & Tripolitania; Eritrea & Ethiopia; Somalia (f. Italian Somaliland) & British Somaliland; & the Dodecanese: insignia, documents, photographs etc.