View Single Post
Old 13-06-19, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kelley View Post
What is the exact provenance in the books, what is the dating evidence and where did the actual badges come from?
I would have thought that differing batches of the same fabric and dyes, actually manufactured by differing companies, as well as differing printing blocks and pressure, would and did, produce variations given the very many thousands of badges made during the war and subsequently issued well afterwards to many soldiers.
Frank, I do agree that no one can have a definite answer about whether wartime or post war these badges can be.
The dyes variants of the most common Pegasus (coarse weave) were discussed in this thread https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=64777
I don't see too much difference in the fabric utilized for the "coarse weave" type. All the examples of this type that I've seen have pretty much the same fabric pattern.
It looks like it's not the case at all on the fine weave version and I have difficulties to admit that this can be explained by differing batches of the same fabric.
Other opinions appreciated.