View Single Post
Old 04-01-22, 04:29 PM

Default Private Frederick Joseph LAMB - 4th Bn Royal Sussex Regt

Gents, some info requested about my Great Uncle who was killed in WW1.

A very sad tale, which was fleshed out over the Christmas period by some elderly family.

Private Frederick Joseph LAMB
G/22203
4th Bn Royal Sussex Regt.
Date of death - 6/11/17 in Jerusalem, where is commemorated on the wall of the British military cemetery. He has curiously no known grave. Also commemorated on the Regt/ Bn plaque in Winchester Cathedral I understand.

I have managed to get a look at the Regimental diary online and there were no overt combat actions recorded for that date. Odd if he died of wounds later as he has no known grave.

He was one of five siblings to an East London family. I am told the family always had very lively parties, especially Christmas, however they were crushed at the death of Freddy ( the youngest at 19) and the the family were never the same again and never to have another party ever.

Both his parents ( my Great Grand parents) were killed together in East London during the Blitz when a direct hit, struck the small glass blowing factory they had .

If anyone has greater skill, knowledge and access to sites, I would very much appreciate any help in finding out about his service and how Freddy met his end. The family never really knew.

Happy new year all

Bess
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (61.1 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by bess55; 04-01-22 at 06:03 PM.