View Single Post
Old 14-04-08, 03:41 PM

Paul

The pipe band from what I am able to gather had about 25 members. The only other photo I have of them is when the Battalion is crossing the Rhine River going in to Bonn Germany. I have in my collection a single B.W.M. named to the 25th He was a piper from the 185th and was sent to the 25th while they were in Germany in 1919. The photo I used in the previous image has 20 men in the photo. I have seen a photo of a brass band but I do not think it was in existance long as I have seen no mention of it after 1915.

Below is another badge I have not come accross much I have seen a total of one badge and six collars in my life time. I am speaking of the Tiptaft made badge in white medal. It is similar to the Gaunt badge but has the distintive Tiptaft stamping seen on the maple leaf version of the badge. The Brass collar is the only one like this I have seen I beleive it to be trench art but it is lugged. The Tiptaft badge is slighty larger and does not have the detail as the ones produced by Gaunt which is to the left in the first two photos.

Stephen