View Single Post
Old 04-03-19, 11:36 AM

Default ROYAL INNISKILLING FUSILIERS PIPERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mulcahy View Post
IH,

Following our recent IM exchange I revisited this thread and indeed you are right in The Regiment Magazine issue 42, The Royal Irish Regiment Part , 1881-1999 page 12 a photo of the pipes and drums dated 1945 shows all pipers are indeed wearing this 2-piece bonnet badge.

This for me is a discovery of a 5th pattern pipers badge for the rgt. Can you tell me what the photo attribution in the the magazine please? I wonder if it is really 1945. I looked back at images of the Pipes and drums dated 1934 (attribution rgt museum and posted below) and they are wearing this two piece badge

If the dates are correct (and comparing it to images such as the one in this link here)

https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/i...ject/205204546

then this badge may be a 3rd pattern dating from the early 1930's to June 1939 (usine the IWM pictures of Dancers of the 2nd battalion, Catterick June 1939 as a reference)

food for thought.

thanks

John
The caption for the photo is "The pipes and drums of the Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers, 1945. They are shown wearing the caubeen at a very acute angle showing the grey and regimental badge" No further information for the photo.

Last edited by irishhorse; 04-03-19 at 01:09 PM.