Thread: Gaunt card
View Single Post
Old 20-03-11, 07:30 PM

Default Gaunt card with badges

Hi Andy

Wow what a great find! I bet you were thrilled to bits when you opened the box. It’s always interesting to see items like this still apparently attached to their original card, as I can’t imagine there would be that many around today. You’ll have to excuse my ignorance here, but what regiment are they for? Any thoughts on what period these could date from as well, and is there any significance in the different shape/size of the grenade flames? I know a couple of Forum members do have some Gaunt catalogues, so it would be really good to know if the numbers do appear in these or not. Many thanks for sharing this with the rest of us, and if you happen to spot some Leicesters badges on a similar card sometime I know someone who’d be more than happy to give them a home!! Thanks again for posting things up.

Best regards

Martin

“Scutelliphiliacus in vestri insignia pergaudete”