View Single Post
Old 26-01-14, 10:59 AM

Default Royal Naval Division Machine Gun Battalion

Good Morning All

I know these badges have been a subject of hot debate and until now I've passed up on quite a few and got caught out on a couple of one piece versions in my early days. I've now just picked up the one pictured below, it came with a genuine MGC cap badge and pair of shoulder titles and there was no hard sell on the RND bit. As these badges were purportedly put together in field workshops this is the type of construction I have always considered to be expected under those conditions. I believe both parts are genuine, the stumps of the hexagonal lugs are still visible and the solder is old and dull (not as shiny as it looks in the picture). The badge has an even polish across the front and the polish residue is in all the nooks and crannies and doesn't look false or recent. As usual people are going to have differing views so I'm opening it up to see those views.

As usual, many thanks in advance

Paddy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Royal Naval Division Machine Gun Battalion (KC)(GM).jpg (86.8 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg The Royal Naval Division Machine Gun Battalion (KC)(GM)(Rear).jpg (77.5 KB, 206 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1566.jpg (76.6 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1568.jpg (78.9 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1587.jpg (65.3 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1597.jpg (88.7 KB, 104 views)