Thread: KOSB in aa ?
View Single Post
Old 10-02-10, 02:37 PM
Member 2008-16- Rest in Peace

Hello folks,

While my Royal Scots Fusilier badges are in doubt, I also dropped on this link by Jeff, in fact, I've sent Jeff a PM because I don't particularly want to make myself look a D-head again, although I seem to be doing it all the time.

The point of this query is a quote by Alan that I found while following the link in the above post :-

[Chris,

Great piece of work. It also puts to bed the idea that WM Q/C KOSB badges are anything other than commercially sold badges. If they were still wearing k/c bonnet badges with the q/c sporran then the later q/c bonnet badges ones would also be in a/a.

Some regts did go from k/c metal to metal q/c and then a/a q/c but not the KOSB.

Alan ]

Having read the statement by Alan, I took my EIIR W/M badge off the board and put it with my bits and pieces for re-sale but just to be on the safe side I had a quick look through Bloomers and found this.......see photo, so which is it ?

Is the EIIR crowned white metal badge just a commercial badge or was it ever worn, too many expert opinions for my tiny brain to take in, me thinks !!

Regards.

Dave.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2b 091.jpg (43.9 KB, 44 views)