View Single Post
Old 11-02-20, 12:52 PM

My badge with the use of a mark I ruler measures approximately 57mm wide x 50mm heigh.

As you can see from the picture it is smaller than a RA badge so size alone would not preclude wear in a forage cap.

The 2 looped badges pictured above (plus the one on the cap) with the disgruntled looking eagle and lacking voids between the scrolls are MM fakes. Number 809.

‘C’ is the badge Gaylor showed in edition 1 of his book. My Ludlow badge is an exact match.

‘2432’ is from KK Vol. 2. This badge is from a different die.

An example from yet another die is shown in this thread https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...can+home+guard . The badge is marked Gaunt, has loops rather than pins and the screw post removed. I like this badge.

Given this unit would not have been issued badges by the WO there is the potential for variation of both maker and fixings. As to what was worn I cannot say.

That said regarding Gaylor’s and Hugh King’s badges being 1stAS HG it could be one is correct, both are correct, or neither are correct examples to this unit.

I would be interested to see some examples of these Tech Rep badges?

Also what’s not to say that 1stAS HG would not have purchased ‘Tech Rep’ badges if a die fitting their requirements was already in existence at a manufacturers to save the time and expense of potentially commissioning a new one.

Last edited by Luke H; 11-02-20 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Typo