View Single Post
Old 17-09-21, 12:12 PM

Default Introduction + request for help

Dear members,

Thank you very mush for accepting me on this forum. I am a history lover from Belgium, Antwerp more specificaly. As you all know this area saw some serious action during both WW's. By chance I got in the possesion of a few items that puzzled me for some time. They consist of thin aluminium strips with pinholes on the left and right side, embossed with numbers and letters. I didn't have a clue untill I started reading them in detail.

The last one reads "unknown german. oct 44", witten in English. The others all give codes and date combinations, all around Oct '44. My gues is that they are identification tags for crosses on temporarly gravesites. The where found in the area of Zandvliet.
This leads me to the Scheld estuary battle, Oct '44, wich leads me to the fact they might be Canadian.

I want to make a propper entry on this forum, so I would like to ask you if and on what topic I can drop my question and pictures. I realise they are surely no badges or decoration, but this forum is as close as I can find on this subject.

Sicerely
Jan