View Single Post
Old 06-09-08, 07:38 AM

Further to my original post I find when looking through my unsorted badges that I do have the 2 field marshal rank slides

You will note that the one I post here is better made than the one in my initial post (the crown is slightly off centre in the first one - a manufacturing defect) and, as it is not attached on to a belt with other cloth badges, there is no stitching around the edges

My apologies to Terry in that I mislead him (and myself) in stating that Lady Blamey did not give me a pair

Blame it on the Altzheimers (after all I am 78), the fact that I have not seen those badges for over 20 years and that she gave them to me over 50 years ago - before most members here were more than a glint in their daddy's eye.

I found the rank slide posted here while rummaging through a bag containing rank badges and officers slides - of all ranks and corps colours.

On reflection it was probably the general officer's rank badge (fairly common as it does not have 'Australia' embroidered on it) that she gave me (the other being scorched) as I can only find the one in that bag.

Obviously I much prefer having 2 field marshal's rank slides (domiciled to Australia) than two standard general's badges.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Field Marshall 2.jpg (36.7 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by sarmajor; 06-09-08 at 07:53 AM.