Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 27-07-11, 10:18 PM

Default Introduction

Greetings to the members of the Commonwealth Badge Forum. My name is Doug and am a collector of militaria specializing in Second World War German helmets and rare/significant Waffen SS artifacts. I have always held a fascination for the Commonwealth badges and insignia and have decided to make it an object of study and learn what I can as I branch into this area of collecting.

My other interests are hockey ( of course that's normal being Canadian ), and the study of the military history of the 20th century. I've been fortunate to have walked most of the major battlefields of the western front of both world wars and can't wait to get back for more.

I'm a moderator/admin of German Helmet Walhalla, a forum that specializes in the detailed study of the subject where new collectors can learn much and get assistance from veteran collectors and am hoping that this forum will provide me with the same learning opportunities. It looks great!

Cheers and look forward to participating as I begin this phase of my collecting.

Doug