View Single Post
Old 30-11-19, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke H View Post
Thanks gents.

Simon yours is from the same die as my badge. Note the jewels in the band on the crown and the misaligned top line of dots dipping into a pair of jewels.

After a lot more searching I’ve found a badge which I believe is from another die albeit the resolution isn’t the best and it’s impossible to see the finer details.

But to pick up on a good point Andy makes. Note the shape of the lettering, it has a far more Latin font appearance and better definition, especially evident on the ‘E’s. Which I feel is a big pro.

The cons however is the rear definition on the bottom scrolls still appears poor and not what I would expect - especially the scrolls either end. Also the colour of the thing on the back. In my experience early WM badges rarely naturally turn black/tarnished to a brassy colour because of the high quality of the metal used.
Looks like the lugs may be resoldered. Over heating it will permanently damage white metal and discolour it.