View Single Post
Old 27-11-14, 11:23 AM

Ian:
Interesting!!
I have the same badge and last night I had a real good look at it and came to almost the same conclusion. Officers – Tiptaft! But!!!

Subdued Gilt, Flat back, Maker Mark Tiptaft B’Ham (center upper rear), Lugs E-W, Lugs Half round wire-splayed feet.
It is the front that makes me wonder? The “T” in Ontario looks like it is plated as there is a spot that is “chipped” and it seems to be another color of metal under the silver???

So ? Is there a OR’s badge that looks “Gilted”, somewhat a subdued Gilt, with a white metal plated center device????
That would make two (2) finish varieties for the OR badge – Browning Brass and Subdued Gilt??????

Or

The center (front) device is “PLATED” and it is the badge finish that makes it Offr or OR. Browning = OR, Gilt (or subdued gilt)=Offr

I am leaning towards it being Offr, mainly because of the construction, a solid heavy, flat back, design details (leaf veins) on the back. Hopefully someone out there has the OR's Browning Brass badge and we can compare construction details.

Food for thought