View Single Post
Old 05-07-19, 08:15 AM

Well, it seems that the whole of the "Great Britain" part has arrived.

Maybe some explanation.

The charts are about lineage, not about (cap) badges. The badge images are only illustrations to make to charts more gaudy. OTOH the images may show to advantage how regiments succeeded at a merger in combining their badges into a new design.

From the starter page of a country (like "Great Britain"), first land at a page that differs between Infantry, Cavalry, etc. Choosing there you get to a list of links going through history. They show either a list of units (regiments) at a particular moment (like at the start of the Great War), or show a period of time where you can see (from left to right) how units evolved in relation with other units in an overview.
These listings also serve as indices to the individual lineage charts.

The individual lineage charts run there time line vertical. Off chart connections are again links to the other charts.

Designations/titles are as much as possible the complete, unabridged, official ones. Sometimes secondary designations are left out because of space constraints.

As I was not alive and kicking since the raising of the first regiment mentioned, the information is gathered from other sources. Partly books, partly the internet. But the (mis)interpretation of those sources and and typing errors and the like are all mine.

I am not claiming any rights on these pages, feel free to copy them any way you like. When you want a copy of the whole and have no idea how to do that (there are tools like HTTrack), please contact me by PM.

BTW, apart from the now complete "Great Britain" section, also the "Nederland" section is complete (complete meaning: the same as I have them locally, not as in: complete and nothing to improve any more). I could add "British India, India, Pakistan", "Canada", "New Zealand" when people show interest. ("Australia" is also there, but Autralia is a difficult subject and I am lacking a book like Festberg's).

Interested in the lineage of the unit your badge represents?
Try: Regimental lineages