View Single Post
Old 20-10-20, 05:00 PM

Default 5th(Angus & Dundee) Battalion Black Watch

I'm trying to sort out the antecedents of the various Territorial Black Watch Battalions and put them in a picture format for myself as I find working between the two Bloomer publications confusing. Perhaps it's an age thing.

But I'm stuck with the badge that the 5th (Angus & Dundee) Battalion (TF) wore post 1908.

The 2nd VB and 3rd VB became the 5th Battalion TF, but as there isn't a unique 5th Battalion badge did they just continue to wear their respective VB badges , but perhaps with a KC instead of a QVC.

What I'm trying to do is perhaps better explained in the attached picture I made for myself. In it I've used a 6/7th Battalion badge (without the sphinx battle honour) as a representation of a 5th Battalion badge - but as this badge was unique to the 6th and 7th it is obviously incorrect and needs to be changed.

Perhaps someone can confirm then that the 5th Battalion TF continued to wear their respective VB badges but perhaps with a KC?????? - or perhaps a normal Black Watch badge with sphinx!!!!

Cheers
Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Angus & Dundee.jpg (60.7 KB, 63 views)

Last edited by dubaiguy; 20-10-20 at 05:06 PM.