View Single Post
Old 01-06-20, 02:46 PM

Why are people not being open minded.
There is always a suprise appears in the badge collecting world, a badge we thought was never worn etc etc.
Yes, this large crown crossed rifles badge may have been copied to death, and why not from an original die, the COPIES will be in the MMarsh but as I said, we have to keep an open mind, these badges may have existed.
If someone with experience, like Toby, says they have seen these badges worn, then we have to take that on bored, and try and seek out there existance, not just right it off because it's in the M Marsh catalogue, or they have been made in many metals, or because someone said They're fake etc etc.
Come on, that's what these forums are about, not to get all wound up because someone decides to edit their post, it's all pointless bickering.
If someone has seen the badge worn, especially on period photos, then its not a fantasy item, just more research is required, and it's obvious to me the fakes of this badge are from the original die, that's why it appears in the MM.
That's all I have to say, people need to chill, especially in these strange times.

Stay safe all

Chris