Thread: Dunkirk
View Single Post
Old 27-05-20, 07:34 PM

I think anyone with a particular interest in the Battle of France would know there were colonial soldiers, the majority from the French army, involved.
Clearly the authors of the article have written it from their own point of view and that's fine, I have no issue with it, although, some people, understandably, may well have.
To answer the second question, the BEF and it's order of battle, particularly, Fortune's lads, has been well covered in a number of books since Dunkirk began to be remembered in popular culture, certainly for the last forty years and these days is really just a few clicks away.

If RIASC badges start to disappear, I'll know who to blame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
***Attention Moderators: I apologize for the direction this thread has taken. This wasn't my intent and please feel free to delete it. I will find the answer to my question elsewhere.

Respectfully Hoot, it was a simple question. The posting of the article was to inform others who might not have known Indian soldiers were also at Dunkirk. I didn't write the article and there are other references to the Indian soldiers at Dunkirk on the Internet. I think you owe an apology to the forum for your out of line and inappropriate statement.

My question still stands, where can I find a comprehensive list of all BEF units at Dunkirk?