View Single Post
Old 05-05-13, 03:11 PM

I went thru this entire thread again and noticed something that needed to be updated.

In post 15 there was a question "Bill,ever saw those blue titles for the RdeChaud that John Swan had a few years ago???
Jo"

This was later followed by e-mail correspondence Sept 5, 2009 by me with John Swan who said it was not a Chaudière Title. Here is that correspondence:

Mike:
I have been in touch with Bill Alexander in ref to that British Badge Forum comment regarding the blue Chaudiere flash. Bill is an old friend from 30 years back, and when I mentioned this to him , he said he recalled the thread, but thought that it was in reference to a Cape Breton Highlanders flash, and that Voltigeur had gotten it mixed up with that.
Bottom line is that I`m sure I don`t have such an animal, have never had such an animal, nor have I ever heard of such a flash. As such, I am certain that a misunderstanding has led to this false belief that such a flash exists, so I can assure you that this must in fact, be the case.
I too saw that blue QOR flash- in my opinion, it is strictly an error flash, as the QOR, being rifles would not have allowed this flash to knowingly be made/approved/worn. It has to be an error item, I believe, and therefore, not legitimate.

I mention this least it be used by those predicating the Blue Helmet Flash story.

Mike