View Single Post
Old 09-03-14, 08:42 AM

Having been shunned by Wayne Ihaka today at the Wellington Militaria club meeting was a bit of surprise, and according to Wayne’s jungle drums it seems he is not alone in thinking that I have overstepped the line and should make good on some apologies.
So I have taken the time, reread my comments especially regarding what I said in post #27, and I agree I do owe Wayne an apology for including some details that I should have treated as personal.
So sorry for that Wayne, my original intention was only to draw attention to the flood of Numerals being sold by Bigmamanz that was ending up in some well know collections. Regardless I have edited that post.

Wayne also mentioned I should admit that the Stokes made numerals were indeed worn by New Zealand Reinforcements, well that’s a no brainer considering Puk has trumped me with an actual picture of one being worn, and yes I do humbly bow down to Puks access of a far superior photographic database that is always one step in front of my own.

So Atilla is proven to have backed the wrong side on this one, but that is what playing ‘devil’s advocate’ is all about, if nothing I can at least say I supplied a constructive balanced view which I believe has helped in a definitive conclusion being achieved.