View Single Post
Old 21-11-16, 11:19 AM

Fascinating! Thanks very much indeed everyone.

For some reason, I thought the lettering must be white, but now that you point out the 17th London one, it makes me think immediately of the L.R.B. title, where the pale green lettering always looks so light and almost white, in old photographs. The only thing is, I thought the 17th London title was rectangular rather than an arc shape, though I suppose that wouldn't necessarily preclude other variations. (see my attempted mock-up as I have never actually seen an original).

If he was OTC, as magpie says is a possibility, might that explain the difference from other London Rgt STs? Especially with regard the 'piping', which I haven't really seen before. I am not at all familiar with OTC and CCF shoulder titles. Many thanks for all your thoughts.

Thanks too for the bandsman spot, Tony. As I think you are all saying, he looks very young to be be a sergeant bandsman if not OTC or something similar.

I have a feeling that we won't get much better with the cap badge, as it is blurred in the original. I will see what I can do though. Despite the blurriness, I can't believe I didn't think of London when I looked at the ST. Look at what I titled the thread! The more I look at it now, the more I think I can see the small "TH" before LONDON.

Would his uniform be correct for OTC though? Wouldn't he be dressed as an officer?

Many thanks again,

Chris

P.S. What a wonderful album JT, thanks a lot for the link. A real treat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17th Lond.jpg (4.3 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Drew; 22-11-16 at 01:12 AM.