Thread: Selous Scouts
View Single Post
Old 07-04-14, 11:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesm View Post
It all starts to add up after a while...
I guess it does, especially when you make deals with two people that were meant to be friends and then you lie and renege on the deals.

Why don't you explain to everyone Morgan how you made a deal with myself (Peter Garratt) and Craig Fourie not to bid on the auction in South Africa that was selling Ron Reid-Daly's items so that you would have less competition and would therefore possibly get the items cheaper. That if you won the lots that you would then sell to Craig and myself the few items we had agreed on at close to the price you paid.

That one shirt that would particularly go to Craig that you have since been quite happy to splash on forums all around the world. What was it 10 short sleeved shirts in one lot? Yes I just checked Lot 161 it sold for a total of R11,200 including commission. So the shirts cost US$106 each excluding freight. A bargain price I would have thought for shirts that had been owned by the founder of the Selous Scouts, especially after he had written his name in each one. And yet you told me by email after the auction that Craig wasn't getting that shirt. And he sent you unpublished photos showing Reid-Daly wearing about three of those shirts and you still reneged on the deal.

As for our deal, well I can't be bothered even discussing it except to say you lied.

You have a short memory Morgan, it was people like myself and Craig that helped you when you first started getting interested in Selous Scouts militaria.
You're the worse kind of collector, a user and a liar.

I will mention that I did bid on the scarlet mess dress uniform as I was the only one interested in it.