View Single Post
Old 26-07-19, 01:36 AM

Interesting post. I have a bit of information on the subject that may or may not be of interest.

When mentioning the service cap, I wasn't sure if you were talking about the Army versions (khaki or blue crown with a red band), the CF green version or the DEU one. I know about the CF service cap. The RCR badge was affixed to sit in front of the band and not on the crown. A badge with a slider, whether Officer or OR, was permanently attached with a small metal clip between the band and the cap. A screw post would not have been possible without poking a hole through the band and the cap, which would have been considered damaging property.

In one of my later careers, as a police officer, our screw post cap badges were placed at the front of the crown rather than in front of the band. There was a hole in the crown for a screw post.

So, to answer the question about service caps, since the RCR badge sat in front of the band and not on the crown, I would opine that screw post badges were not designed for use on them.

A screw post badge on a cap's crown would not touch the wearer's head. A screw post at the level of a cap's band would leave a permanent round mark on the poor wearer's noggin.

Cheers,
Dan.