View Single Post
Old 29-04-18, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep View Post
Hmmm! I have always believed that the 2nd patt REME badge with KC was never made in AA. Buttons were, but not cap badges. If made 1947/8 to 1952/3 then this is a unique and rare badge, or maybe it was made 2016/18! Maybe Chris Marsh (hagwalther) can throw some light on the subject. I have a bi-metal badge with a similar horses mane with the MM 'LUDLOW', could this be a spurious badge made using an old die? Also, its difficult to see from the photo, but how is the horse fixed to the lightning? As always, willing to be proved wrong, but I think this is a duffer, but I would like it in my 'rouges gallery' collection.
Hi Jeep,

Busy weekend. The badge looks good to me with a slider that reminds me of a Marples and Beasley item. William, can you measure with micrometer and check with the examples in my book - possibly slider 8.2?

The solder looks quite light. Very generally, Gaunt and S&W used a dark solder while Firmin used a lighter coloured type. Not sure what Marples and Beasley used at the mo in the early stages of A/A manufacturing but this may be another indicator to maker.

Regards,

Chris