View Single Post
Old 16-02-21, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpast32 View Post
Again, I THANK YOU very much, for at least now I have an actual photo to compare against when looking at potential candidates. I have observed that style of badge before, IIRC, maybe on the IWM's Page ? That example had an attached piece of tan colored, almost 'sandbag' like material affixed to the dual prongs on the reverse. Based upon where I found it, I assumed that it was an period manufactured piece. Hopefully, with enough searching, combined with close examination to be certain that it's indeed the one I'm looking for, I 'should' be able to find at least one or two examples for sale ? I mean I guess I don't absolutely need one, but I would really prefer to include one with my display.

Best regards, dpast32
Dom
The backing is known as Brown Holland and I believe wasn't granted for wear until 1935 so the badge post dates what you are after. It was granted in recognition of an antecedent regiment's service in the West Indies in the 1700's where being poorly supplied they resorted to mending their uniforms with sacking.

I think I would be looking for a bronze Officer's Service Dress RAMC badge. Possibly even just to compliment the S. Staffs if you felt that was still the way to go.

Mark