View Single Post
Old 15-06-13, 11:48 PM

As a Buyer this year at the CSMMI show I was very happy...but like Bill my purchase was pre-planned and the show provided the venue for the Seller and myself.

Clive...it was nice to put a face to a name as well. I in fact tried looking for you after our brief introduction as I had with me the Chaudière CFSC that I could have showed you.

The CSMMI leadership has many challenges ahead of it but the most important is as Clive says...they "have to decide what it is that they wish to accomplish." Their 'single product" being the Journal/Magazine has unfortunately been reduced from 4 Journals per year...to 2 Journals and 2 Newsletters. Quality of the content that I have seen ranges from excellent to poor and is dependant entirely upon contributions from the membership.

I went to the Etobicoke show today (albeit late -11am) and the amount of people there (Dealers/Buyers) was considerably more than last weeks CSSMI show. It would appear this group is better at marketing/promotion, have a better format being strictly a 1 day event (really 1/2 day), have a better day (weekend rather than weekday/weekend), costs for Dealers/Buyers to consider(tables/hotels/food/gas etc..) is more palatable, easier to access location (Toronto).

There is much strategic planning ahead for the CSMMI but I definitely like some of Clive's suggestions, in particular 1 day event and Quality Displays.

Mike Kennelly