View Single Post
Old 20-03-09, 09:20 PM
Member 2008-16- Rest in Peace

Default 10th Hussars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viletone View Post
OK, it's quite simple. Rather than beating about the bush to ask other people's opinions before expressing their own, wouldn't it have been better to have posted the one piece badge alongside the one in question clearly stating something along the lines of "this is what I think an true economy 10th Hussars ought to look like" or words to that effect?

I've clearly explained my stance, yes I'd prefer a one piece too but what no-one else has clearly stated is why they think the originally posted badge is inferior to JP's other than some differences in appearance.
Hello again Viletone,

I was just about to leave this infernal machine for a couple of hours but I spotted your response.

I can see, to a degree, why a comparison in two different badges up front, would suit some people, I find it hard to believe that you can dismiss the differences between the first badge and the other two as " some differences " it is totally spurious, IMO but I'm struggling to understand why you keep banging on about J.P.s badge as though someone has maligned it, I cannot remember anyone having a problem with his badge.

Again, if my memory serves me correctly, a couple of opinions have been stated that joachims variant is preferred, no one apart from yourself has mentioned J.P.'s apart from remarking that it has tabs and again, if my memory serves me well, that has never been an issue in this debate, can I ask, are you related to J.P. perhaps, you do seem to be going over the top in his defence, particularly when no-one has actually attacked him or indeed, his badge.

I am now totally confused with your stance, I'm sure I've missed something here ??

All the best.

Dave.