View Single Post
Old 18-08-13, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil2M View Post
Strange thread this one, with no other replies. Its not 'is it genuine?' or 'what is it?' Its not even badge related, so surely that's a bonus as this is a badge forum.

Somebody needs to come up with a forum list of 'allowed' topics and questions. Ones that are not below everybody to answer. Ones that are not too boring.

Surely there is more than just Ancestry.co.uk?

Some people can't afford all the expensive books, the society memberships etc. Why have a forum anyway if all the answers are in books etc??? I don't think they are, but thats just my opinion.
I am not sure I understand this comment at all. Seems o me either sarcasm or someone thinks that researching a soldier is beneath the membership.

Certainly for me, researching a soldier is not beneath me, it is what I primarily do as a hobby. Badge collecting is secondary to my medals collecting.

Now to the original question posted, yes Ancestry would be a good place to start, however I think I we knew who you looking for and what nationality or country they served with might get a better reply.

http://www.irishregimentofcanada.ca