View Single Post
Old 29-11-08, 09:51 AM

A great photo. Those collar badges certainly look as though they could very well be the ones I was asking about (the one on the left of your picture of badges). What a pity the picture is not a bit clearer. Brazier was also a Lt and Colonel in the west Australian 18th and 25th Light Horse from about 1908 'til being instrumental in the formation of the 10th at the start of the war. Collar badges from those groups are very, very similar.
It would be nice to date the photo, the rising sun hat badge may be a clue to someone. Is it possible for the photo to have been taken in the thirties? Braizier would have been well into his sixties by then.....I don't know at what age he died......and he is not wearing any ribbons, etc.

I do have another 10th badge which is about collar size but is exactly the same as the 30/42 hat badge. That seems to match what Cossum has in his book.

You must have some great photos. I envy people who not only have those resources but who can also put their hand on them when needed. Thankyou for your help.
Donny