View Single Post
Old 28-11-08, 12:03 PM

Chris said:
(Thus the collar badges being discussed could not have been made prior to 1914; they are of the Western Australian 10th Light Horse. Whether they were an unofficial AIF badge or the 10th Light Horse AMF after the Great War I am not sure. I strongly suspect the latter as they are the same as the post war 10th Light Horse badge.)

Thanks for your input, Chris. A lot of background information that I need and appreciate if I am going to be able to "understand' my badges. However the "unofficial" badges I was asking about are not the same as the 10th L H badge. They are the ones that Cossum illustrates on page 54 of his Part 2 book and describes as "unofficial". On page 8 of his Part One he illustrates a 10th L H hat badge (of the 1930/42 series) with a matching (similar to the hat badge) collar badge.

Anyway. Here are a couple more questions. Are the "unofficial" badges desirable or even appropriate in a collection of military badges? If so, how do I display them correctly.......with a 1930/42 series hat badge, which appears to be the first official 10th L H badge, with a General Service hat badge, presumably one with a slider and British maker's name I expect, or in isolation without a hat badge.

I look forward to seeing some of those scans posted, Mick.

Thanks
Donny

Last edited by Donny B.; 28-11-08 at 12:13 PM. Reason: correct punctuation