View Single Post
Old 29-11-15, 08:32 AM
Hanbut

Default 24th Lancer on and on

Frank I do not make badges personally!! I have over 3500 on my ebay page and to make each one in batches of 20 or more would be far too time consuming!! I have been 'having' badges made in India Pakistan and many other countries for over 30 years. In the early days they were just made to my order. In the last 6 years I have tried to always used nylon in the badges so this will 'glow' under a UV light this does not stop people selling one of my 506th Para badges as real for $150 on ebay it was clear it showed nylon on the back. The other problem is some sellers on ebay now mount my badges on a piece of old bd material to make it look like it has always been on there. How many people are going to cut the badge off to see what is on the back. When I see one of my badges being offered as real I usually list one in new condition and title it exactly the same as the seller offering the 'real' piece. This way hoping the bidder will see it is one of mine.

So this option does not work but by putting all my items on my website and ebay collectors should be able to see what is on offer. I sell them as what they are, space fillers, or samples of the real thing. You must realise not everyone wants to spend small fortunes on real badges. Christopher Lee was an excellent customer but would never buy anything over £20 and almost all copies, Now his collection is fetching good money. Nowt as strange as folk!

The Lancer badge was made for Castle Armoury in Dover he supplied the original badge and took all 10 pieces. He is now deceased so it does not matter. But I stopped making for him after it was obvious what he was doing.