View Single Post
Old 18-03-18, 11:33 PM

Hi Keith! Thanks for that - I think you've you've helped me out on a few of my Aus badges before. You've got me a bit worried now when you say 'lack of voiding in the crown arches is another'. I'm hoping you mean not always a problem - I note that genuine Tiptaft marked badges are not voided on the crown. This is one of my few cap size badges which I've always assumed was ok - with what look like nice 'D' lugs to the back - but no voiding to the crown. I'm not generally a one for just posting badges and seeking opinions - I enjoy researching for myself via the forum and other sources. Since the forum has a whole section dedicated to the rising sun badge, I thought I ought to refresh my knowledge with what the forum has to offer, and I noticed that back in the day, from 2008, there are a few comments asserting how few copies there are about of what ought to be anyway, a very common badge. Looking around ebay and the net now in 2018 I'm seeing a different story, with plenty of fakes, copies, repros or, whatever you might choose to call them, about. Time for a good, comprehensive guide from someone in the know, on how to spot a good 'un from a bad 'un? Or are you Aussies of the opinion that that would just offer a blueprint for the fakers? Interested to know. Best regards, Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rising Sun 3rd Pattern (1).jpg (116.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Rising Sun 3rd Pattern (2).jpg (116.6 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Rising Sun 3rd Pattern (3).jpg (46.0 KB, 36 views)