View Single Post
Old 03-03-20, 01:18 AM

Hello guy's

firstly may i thank you all for your replies;

Marc, It's nice to know there are more out there.

Keith, likewise that now makes three badges, all well made and as you have stated; Possibly Gaunt originals from the NAM.

Andy; In answer to your questions.
a. I too looked at the Forum Maker Mark section and found the J.R. Gaunt London mark, raising upwards left to right. (further down the page)

b. Yes i agree the maker mark section isn't fully complete, but I also need to add a number of badge MM's into this section. I will attempt to correct this soon, by adding my Transport badges into the relative sections.
I have some unusual ones indeed so will have to place them up here for the experts to scrutinise.

c. I also agree that we have to be very careful when buying and checking the books that have been written on badges and insignia, as there are errors.

This is why I am asking the question, so as to see if we can correct this problem. I believe that in almost all badges with the "BELT" there is a "BUCKLE" at the lowest point (I know that in some cases the motto differs. But, it still goes without saying That a "BUCKLE" is present on all of the ASC badges and RASC badges of this period.

So, do we have Collar badges listed in the books by error or did the powers that be change the cap badge later, when they realised the mistake ??

Would you be in agreement that on the basis of this badge appearing in the system that there could be 4 badges designed for the ARS ?

I think it's too well made to be a duffer, which is why i asked the question, but we'll see what happens over the next few days, ....

Again, thank you all for your replies

FBK

PS.
Just in-case you ask this question; The ARS collar badges actually come as a pair, horses facing left & right

Last edited by Fatboy Ken; 03-03-20 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Added Post Script