View Single Post
Old 17-10-20, 09:55 PM

Hi Mike

I have to say that I've learnt more in these past few posts than I ever had before so many thanks to all who've contributed.

I have gathered up a few badges and certificates and I know I can put my hand on an WMV badge and certificate so it would be interesting to see if anyone with access to Ancestry could track this individual along somehow.

The point I'm making is that it may be possible to prove that a man was "badged" at some point and then lost his protection of the badge, subsequently being called up.

I can well imagine that there was such a massive issue of badges that it became very difficult to control the recall following the issue of a badge and then to reissue it to another person.

I previously stated that my WMV badges were low numbered ones and I find that one is (900 range) but the other never has been numbered, much like more than a few of the 1914 Admiralty badges.

Quite prepared to post photos of certificates and matching badges if there is sufficient interest. We may stand to learn more about the fate of the owners.