View Single Post
Old 29-11-22, 11:39 AM

Default 25th Dragoon’s Cloth Shoulder Title Selection Completed

Finally, after eight years of aspiring to attain the matching 25D other ranks slip-on shoulder title to one of my existing examples, I eventually won it at a recent badge auction. To make a long story short, I lost track of the single slip's whereabouts in 2018, when it was sold as part of a collection, until it resurfaced at a badge auction in March.

However, my highest bid of £160 was exceeded on the day, which finished with an inordinate hammer price of £230. The slip-on in this particular auction was described [incorrectly] as an officer pattern, hence, possibly explaining the enthusiastic bidding – nonetheless, far too expensive for a solitary 25D slip, in my opinion.

As it happened, the slip reappeared at auction in November, and as a result, the pair of slip-on titles have been reunited again. Therefore, this purchase will provisionally complete my representative selection of 25D slip-on shoulder titles because I am essentially missing at least two notable variants, and the top pair of officer slips in the pic are not a matching set.

Best,

Marcus
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5D968FC1-DB7B-43AA-805D-205BA1228425.jpg (44.8 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg D3913EC4-C8DC-4370-80A7-A3BECCD359F5.jpg (81.4 KB, 74 views)