View Single Post
Old 07-06-19, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
What on earth am I missing?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F133074199573

Our branch now has these and like everyone else they are £3 each.

On the subject of official sellers on eBay, my PAO keeps telling me that he has been told he is not allowed to put pins etc on it or any similar site, he is only supposed to collect within our branch area and is supposed to report any that he sees.

Michael
Hi Michael ,

These pins originally had a starting price of £2.75 + postage , there was also a "make an offer" option. I paid £5.00 which is the amount I would have given a Poppy seller if they were available. The seller donates 100% of money to the RBL.

The fact that bidding on this pin has now reached £23.00 and there is still 4 days to go shows that people want this pin and (in my opinion) the RBL has made a serious error in the marketing/distribution of this item.

I saw this problem coming when the D-Day pins were not available from Poppy Shop.

I reported another seller for charging £9.99 (he has sold 3 pins) , I didn't get a reply but the listing now states that "the item is no longer available".

As I have said previously , if the RBL/Poppy Shop are not going to make these items available to the general public then people will look elsewhere and that will encourage copies and 'profiteering'.

Added info : I can't understand why bidding is at £23.00 when another seller is offering D-Day pin for £3.99 "Buy it now".

Last edited by mike_vee; 07-06-19 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Added info.