View Single Post
Old 18-01-09, 05:12 PM

I initially collected original UVF stuff as a kid. It was worn by various members of my family. It was cheap unwanted, tarnished by the activities of the later incarnation and easy to get. This is no longer the case.

This then led me then to buy Irish items, starting with my user name I amassed a sizeable collection of quality stuff. Mainly whole uniforms. Which I was offered an amazing amount of money for and sold the lot as a one-er.

I then started collecting badges to the units I was in and related Para SF stuff this was easy to start with but prices are now through the roof for even post war items. Silly. I had a massive amount of Raiding Support Regiment uniforms, beret's and badges, which I let go bit by bit for peanuts. As prices are mental now wish I'd kept them!

I still buy the odd L&BH item and DZ flash which I'm missing only 3 of the known ones but really it's info I collect now so have a giant library.

I'm not an expert on anything or any unit. I've been in 3 Regiments and can give my tuppence worth like the rest. I still take an interest on all the badges and units mentioned and like to pass on any tit bits of info that I can.

I see nothing wrong with having an item in your collection that a serviceman has actually worn, or would have if issued. I can't abide fakers or conmen and have wasted a few £££'s down the years to these crooks. Hasn't everyone?