View Single Post
Old 31-01-23, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin 17 View Post
Very nice! Great to see a bit of Canadian militaria, it's not that common. Its a beautiful helmet. The Strats are a sister regiment to the 17th Lancers which is the main Regt I collect to. Never worked with the Strats only the RCDS and 8th Canadian Hussars now only a Reserve Regt.

I have a Dragoon helmet that has holes in not the usual place for a D or DG plate so I assume it is for a Yeomanry one, just trying to find the right badge. Nice to see yours. It would have a nice home up here if it likes the cold.....

Colin
Hi Collin,

... reply part three... was looking at a couple of other British helmets in my collection to consider the hole/lug placement... the Montgomeryshire Yeomanry and my Royal Berks Yeomanry Cavalry helmets both have a triangular three lug helmet plates due to the smaller size of the helmet plate and the need for a decorative piece of filigree to cover the vertical seam between the bottom point of the plume base cruciform and the upper point of the helmet plate under which the filigree is secured...

Regards,

David