View Single Post
Old 23-01-23, 11:31 AM

We don’t need the old British Army to fight modern wars. Change in the Army has been about since Cardwell indeed before. We may not agree with it but adapting to the threat is essential if the Army is to help defend the nation. I don’t believe for one minute that recent changes affect the fighting ability of the British soldier forged as they are through training that builds fighting teams. If you doubt what I say look only to what Soldiers, Royal Marines, RAF and others did in intense combat in Iraq and Afghanistan.

QUOTE=cbuehler;570013]I must say the UK and government have done a horrible job in maintaining the Army's as an historical and traditional entity in recent times. I understand things change in this world and funding is a problem.
Not to compare or suggest necessarily suggest anything, but here in the US we have managed to maintain most of our Army units as continuing entities going back to well over 200 years. Much insignia is still in use that goes back to WW1.
I am sure something could have been done better than this wholesale slaughter of the old British Army?

CB[/QUOTE]