View Single Post
Old 20-01-09, 06:55 PM

I think my own feeling is in line with yours Alan, in that the badge is more likely to be a Second World War one than one from the Great War. I have been looking at a copy of Matthew Richardson’s Fighting Tigers (2002), and there is a photograph of L/Cpl Ronald Webster at the bottom of page 131 where he does seem to be wearing a very similar badge to the one above:

This would put this style in the late 1930s early 1940s, as L/Cpl Webster was apparently at Dunkrirk, though it doesn’t give a date for the photo. Another fairly clear picture is on page 73 of Second Lieutenant J. C. Burdett, and whilst I take it this is the bronze version, it’s design does look to be a stockier tiger than the one on L/Cpl Webster’s photograph – or am I simply imagining it!

I realise none of this is conclusive, but it is at least a little suggestive?

Regards

Martin

“Scutelliphiliacus in vestri insignia pergaudete”

Last edited by 'Ticker' Riley; 20-06-09 at 01:33 PM.