View Single Post
Old 03-02-15, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

As far as cadets go there were examples of cadets wearing the issue dbadge and also their own design inspired by the regular badge. in some cases there were no scroll or a different design where the Hindoostan would have gone. However this was the time of OTCs and pre WW2.

By the mid '40s it was common practice for cadets, both Cadet Bns and School JTCs to wear the regular badge. indeed there are lots of examples where the schoool OTC's dropped their own badges in favour of Regular ones in the 1930s.

By the time these plastic badges were issued in the mid-40s there was no issue over the regular honours and therefore no need/desire to remove them. I have yet to find a picture of a TA or a cadet unit affiliated to the Leicesters not wearing the scroll.

The dealer should know better than to sell it a a genuine TF badge. It's the sort of tall tale I expect coming out of a Northern mill town.

My conclussion is that it is not official, nor the product of unit-approved modification, and therefore has value only as a damaged badge.