View Single Post
Old 13-01-11, 11:37 PM

Default Seaforth cap badge - opinions please

I just picked up this Seaforth Highlanders (of Canada?) cap badge and would like some opinions on it. I was told it was a WW2 badge from the vendor I picked it up from (who deals in badges and militaria). Upon bringing it home and comparing it to another Seaforth badge I have, I noticed a few differences. First of all, the badge is not as flat as the others I have seen. It has a slightly 3D appearance as the antlers and scroll are bent upward or backwards in places. Perhaps this was done by hand to enhance the appearance of a regular "flat" badge? Secondly, it is noticeably lighter than my other example and feels a bit tinnier. It is a very nice badge, with good detail. It originally had 3 lugs on the back, but the bottom one is broken off.

I don't know much about Seaforth badges and realize there are quite a variety out there. The badge is a perfect fit for the lug holes on a Tam O Shanter I have, and I would love to display it with the cap if it is in fact legit. Do you think this is a legit WW2 era badge? Or something else? Opinions please...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (86.3 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (60.3 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (76.8 KB, 69 views)