View Single Post
Old 19-03-10, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCN View Post
Thanks Jo, I appreciate that history very much. The man who's badge this was - or at least I am assuming (& we all know that assumption is the "mother of all f+++ ups") it was his, as it came with original paperwork {which is what attracted me as I like original documentation} & his QSA medal - he was in First Prince of Wales Regiment Fusiliers May ''99 to Nov '02, then again May '04 till Jun '05.

Would this unit have worn this cap badge?

& what exactly is a "paper unit"??

Bryan
Hello Bryan, a "paper Unit"(13th SLD & 55th Irish-Canadian Rangers,disb.1936) the way it was explained to me, is a unit that was on the roll of the Canadian Militia in old day but, had no officers and no other ranks listed (and no armoury???).It was a unit kept in case there was a war and had to be raised in a hurry, something similar to the canadian supplementary order of battle. But hey, I could also have been misled about this explanation.
As to know if the unit wore this cap badge.......well I guess they would but on what kind of cap ????
Cheers
Jo

“There are things we know that we know,” “There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don't know.”
Donald Rumsfeld, before the Iraqi Invasion,2003.

Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese.