View Single Post
Old 29-03-17, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tynesideirish View Post
Why the masked out name? Surely it is common knowledge who the letter is to and in any case he's been dead since 2001.

Is this a dasterdly ploy to put it out there, so that future 'finds' will be from 'The suitcase'. Mmmmmn
Tyne it is indeed obvious to those who have an interest in the LRDG, but for your information, it is out of respect for the son who was gracious enough to share his father’s LRDG collection with me that I have not posted the family name or the complete letter.

Just out of interest I had talked the son into sharing the entire collection with this very forum, with the only stipulation that the family name would not be mentioned and blanked out in all photographs, which might otherwise attract unwanted solicitation of LRDG memorabilia.
Sadly, due to a couple of forum members making dumb comments, the family requested that no more photos were to be posted. Such is life.

Now I know you and the last two who have commented are just trying to lighten the atmosphere, and I respect that, but there is no dastardly plot, I do have photographs of the suitcases inventory, so if there is a so called “future find” I am in the perfect position to corroborate or dismiss its validity.